Many companies have recently been forced to rely completely on working remotely. With the unprecedented urgency of the work from home lockdown; some companies are running into new operational roadblocks. Today we at Indellient would love to go over some common issues your company may encounter while working remotely and how to solve them with Workflow Automation Tools.
What is Workflow Automation?
Workflow Automation is taking common tasks or documents and have them follow set business rules to go through their natural workflow without a human being in charge.
Instead of having one person make sure a document has been written by person A, reviewed by person B, and signed by person C; this entire process can be automated by using a Workflow Automation Tool.
Workflow Automation Tools will allow you to drag and drop steps like a railroad track so that your task/document can automatically complete the workflow without any human intervention.
Easier still many of these workflows can be scheduled to run at yearly/monthly/daily intervals or duplicated.
How Does Workflow Automation Help while Working Remotely?
Your company has switched to completely working from home; below are some challenges you may encounter, and how workflow automation tools can help.
Issue 1: Difficulty with Communication
Let us follow Mary who is in charge of a typical manual workflow from home:
- A document needs to be created, edited, signed, and submitted.
- Mary is having trouble getting in touch with John who usually signs the documents.
- John usually has a lot of meetings and Mary is used to visiting John’s office directly to remind him.
Workflow Automation Solution: With a workflow automation tool once the document was ready to be signed John will automatically receive a notice to sign the document. Without personally contacting John, Mary will be able to see from the tool if John has signed and the tool can send regular reminders until the document is signed.
Issue 2: No Workflow Status Transparency
Some companies don’t have a Mary to follow tasks or documents through the process:
- All Sam knows is once he is done his task of creating the document, it goes to Anna to Edit, then to Evan to Sign.
- Once the document leaves Sam he has no idea where it has gone and isn’t responsible for it.
- Now Evan has no idea what step in the process the document is and isn’t sure if the document will meet the Service Level Agreement release date.
Workflow Automation Solution: A Workflow Automation Tool will provide full visibility into the task or document going through the workflow. Evan can see the exact date that the document was created by Sam and that the document has not been edited yet by Anna. With workflow automation, managers and key stakeholders can visually see the status of their workflows in real-time.
What Type of Company Benefits most from Workflow Automation?
When investing in any new tool it’s always important to make a proper business case. Commonly heavily regulated industries like health care, finance, and legal benefit the most out of using Workflow Automation Tools. Here are some things to consider before diving into workflow automation:
- If your company deals with very complicated workflows
- Your company handles many tasks/documents at the same time
- Your collaboration team includes many writers, editors, and stakeholders
- Your company deals with very strict SLA’s or Audits
Get Started with Blue Relay
Blue Relay is a Document Process Automation Tool that can help your company adjust to working remotely. Blue Relay helps with Workflow Automation, Team Collaboration, and Document Review and Approval. Get your company back on track while remaining compliant.
- 100% Virtual Implementation
- Seamless Onboarding and Training
- Pre-built Workflows and Dashboards
- 30 Days to Deployment
- 90 Days no Obligations
Try Blue Relay for Free
Speak to one of our Customer Success representatives to get started with a secure, Cloud hosted, installation of Blue Relay.
It’s completely free to use for 60 days – no credit card, no hassle.